Name that portal!

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Neighmond

Name that portal!

Post by Neighmond »

After seeing Nancykc's beautiful front door, I propose a new game to try-What if we all send pictures of our front doors to a user, who posts them under one name, and the person who can match the most front doors with their users wins some sort of prize! I'll even chip in on the prize, or just put it up it outright if not too dearly priced.

Some of the guidelines:

Pictures can be either before or after revamping.

Pictures must show the door clearly enough to be reasonably identifiable.

If people are in the pictures, either make sure they are good with being posted or somehow mask their identity.

Doors from houses past are fair game (it'll add to the mystery!)

What say you all? What ought the prize be?

Mick_VT

Re: Name that portal!

Post by Mick_VT »

Great idea Neighmond... I would be happy to set up a special album in the Gallery for exactly this purpose, do you want to be the one to post the pics? I can also set up an email address forwarder for you so you dont have to post a personal email addy directly here
Mick...

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Sure! Pm the details..... I thought we'd add these:

Any door going to the outside or a porch is fair game.

If you don't want to show the whole door, some special part of it will work just as well.

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Fun on its own, don't need a prize, getting to know the neighbors is the best prize of all.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Neighmond wrote:Sure! Pm the details..... I thought we'd add these:

Any door going to the outside or a porch is fair game.

If you don't want to show the whole door, some special part of it will work just as well.

OK I will work on getting this set up tonight or tomorow :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mick...

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

This sounds fun. We have some neat outer doors on our apartment here, being as we're on the "ground" floor on one side. I've not posted any pics of such, so I'm not sure if that would make guessing ours harder or easier. :P
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Neighmond wrote:After seeing Nancykc's beautiful front door, I propose a new game to try-What if we all send pictures of our front doors to a user, who posts them under one name, and the person who can match the most front doors with their users wins some sort of prize! I'll even chip in on the prize, or just put it up it outright if not too dearly priced.

Some of the guidelines:

Pictures can be either before or after revamping.

Pictures must show the door clearly enough to be reasonably identifiable.

If people are in the pictures, either make sure they are good with being posted or somehow mask their identity.

Doors from houses past are fair game (it'll add to the mystery!)

What say you all? What ought the prize be?

the email alias and album are all set up and ready to go Neighmond, whenever you want to get the party going :dance: :animals-cat: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-partydance: :greetings-clapyellow: :occasion-partyblower: :occasion-clown: :occasion-balloons: :text-givemebeer:
Mick...

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Start sending the pictures to me at portals@thehistoricdistrict.org ... I will begin to post them this week. We'll say a couple weeks for folks to get their pictures to me, a week for the guessing to take place, and we'll announce and award the prize in time for Thanksgiving! I ain't eligible to win but all the rest of y'all are!

Good luck all!
Chaz