Hullo from the "there be dragons here" area of MA

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Gothichome

Re: Hullo from the "there be dragons here" area of MA

Post by Gothichome »

Well, may I add my congratulations, been holding off in fear of jinxing the event.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Willa wrote:Many congratulations on closing the house, at last !

Thankies! We are so relieved today, even though we know there is much ahead, especially in the coming weeks.

Gothichome wrote:Well, may I add my congratulations, been holding off in fear of jinxing the event.

You're not kidding! Sean was at the point where he just stopped posting about it in FB, and we started developing secret codes to not directly say things like "closing will be on X". :lol: We understand your concern, and greatly appreciate your intent.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Congratulations to the one poster on this site that has more views and replies by NOT having an old house.

So now what...are we going to get an official introduction?

Show pics! We like pics!

:happy-bouncyyellow:
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

Yay!

Congrats on the closing, now it is time to rest your mind a bit and relax. Next comes the excitement and that whole ball of energy as you move in.

And I echo Nicholas....are there even pictures? Is this a real house or have you been leading us on in a huge story and you're actually a mystery writer?
Etta says "WOOF"

Old house lady
Knows the back streets

Post by Old house lady »

Congratulations to you both! Hopefully, this is the beginning of smoother sailing

Lily left the valley

Nicholas wrote:Congratulations to the one poster on this site that has more views and replies by NOT having an old house.

So now what...are we going to get an official introduction?

Show pics! We like pics!

:happy-bouncyyellow:
Hah and thankies. I guess I could start a new thread, Nicholas, but any folks who join the site later might get really confused about why I have two intros. :think: It might be best, though, given what this turned into!

I will be heading over tomorrow to start cleaning and putting down cardboard on the dining room floor, and I solemnly vow that I will NOT LEAVE THE APARTMENT until I have a camera in my hands. In truth, we have a possible showing of the apartment in the afternoon, so I may spend all my late morning/early afternoon time taking pictures instead of cleaning. :lol:

Sean said, "I think what turned into the focus of your original thread is now over, so you should start a new thread. The 254 posts except those today really are about the process of getting the house." So that's what I'll do later.
SkipW wrote:Yay!

Congrats on the closing, now it is time to rest your mind a bit and relax. Next comes the excitement and that whole ball of energy as you move in.

And I echo Nicholas....are there even pictures? Is this a real house or have you been leading us on in a huge story and you're actually a mystery writer?
Skip, we really do feel a huge weight off our shoulders.

We actually had to have a chat today about what the process will be for stuff we move over, since some of the old mixed boxes did get repacked in a more organized fashion, while others are still a hot mess. But we cleared that hurdle without too much fuss, so hopefully the system will work out well. (I try--note the try part-- to move in an organized fashion, where he gets the itch and just wants it all DONE. :D )

I swear she is real even if she still feels like a dream to me (and spouse, I know too well). Actually, I meant to take a ghost lamp over tonight, and it's still early. I should do that, and I'll take a pic of the dining room where most things got dumped during the first load over when we changed the deadbolts.

So I'll start the new thread with that. And I'll finally reveal the name we picked for her. (We had a very brief gender debate today, and spouse was adamant that our home is a she. I can't find a reason to argue against, and think I've already referred with she's, so we're going to go with that.)

~~~
I do want to mention that when I read both your replies to him, we both broke out in laughter.

Old house lady wrote:Congratulations to you both! Hopefully, this is the beginning of smoother sailing
Thankies! We are so glad to be leaving the Sloop of Frustration behind.
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Vined Porch
Settling in

Post by Vined Porch »

Congratulations~ at last! Wishing you both every happiness in your lovely new old home!

Lily left the valley

Vined Porch wrote:Congratulations~ at last! Wishing you both every happiness in your lovely new old home!

Thankies! I'm just about to start a new gallery of some pics I took tonight, and I'll be starting a new thread now that we actually own a new old home. :D

I just realized that the name of this thread certainly did hold well for our new old home search. It was quite the adventure, and there were indeed many dragons to be found along the way.

Lily left the valley

Speaking of that "new thread"...

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

Wooohooooooo, you did it! Congrats!