Another OHW/WG IMMIGRANT

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Gothichome

Re: Another OHW/WG IMMIGRANT

Post by Gothichome »

Don, a little of both. Gothichome we bought 6 years ago as part of a five year plan to semi retirement. With the collapse of the oil industry, I have become a victim of the down turn. The lay off kind of forced me to make a decision. The plan now is to take the summer off and get some serious work done on the home.

Don M

Post by Don M »

That's a good plan; I am also reaching a cross roads of sorts. I was going to retire last summer so my Susan & I could do other things. Susan passed in May last year so I didn't retire and am still working. I am 68 & friends have been encouraging me to retire & do things I want to do before I get too old or medical issues ( I don't really have any) catch up & spoil my ability to proceed. I have two properties (PA & SC) both farms (small) & I need to downsize. So far it's been easier to do nothing but know that's unacceptable. Good Luck with your work on Gothichome; keep us posted! Don

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well I'm 59 and like you have no health issues. Being able to retire at this age isn't so bad. We'll see how it goes. Upper management may soon be tired of me under foot though.

Sara
Been here a while

Post by Sara »

Sorry to hear about your situation (and yours Don - I'm so sorry for your loss). But looking forward to a lot more beautiful pictures of gothichome while you make lemonade out of lemons. Hope you enjoy some rest and relaxation in there somewhere, too.

JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by JacquieJet »

Don, please accept my condolences. I'm very sorry for your heavy loss.

Gothic, I am looking forward to more photos of your lovely home now that you have more time to devote to it! I always love seeing your posts! Silver lining, perhaps?
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Sara, JJet, thanks.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well, folks, I'm a full time Ontarion now. Been working on upper managements catch up list. Think I'll need to go back to work just for a rest! Pictures at eleven.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Gothichome wrote:Well, folks, I'm a full time Ontarion now. Been working on upper managements catch up list. Think I'll need to go back to work just for a rest! Pictures at eleven.

That happens! :crazy:

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Ok folks, back in the harness once again. As nice as it is (was) being an unemployed bum, or retired, I just need to to be gainfully employed. Dam, that work ethic thing! Back on my wrenches tomorrow. But at least home isn't the other side of the continent now.

Deb
Knows the back streets

Post by Deb »

Congratulations on the new job...and the shorter commute!!