Speaking of introductions.......

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
mkeller234
Been here a while

Re: Speaking of introductions.......

Post by mkeller234 »

I went through my flickr photostream, had to get to page 6 to find a picture with me in it. I never realized how little pictures that I am in.

My daughter and I in Hocking Hills 2013:
ImageDSC02521 by mkeller234, on Flickr

Self portrait on my bicycle:
ImageDSC02847 by mkeller234, on Flickr

TuckerTavern
Been here a good while

Post by TuckerTavern »

So, you're an Ohioan? We were up until 2012 when we moved south.

mkeller234
Been here a while

Post by mkeller234 »

Yes, I have lived in NE Ohio for my entire life. Some friends and family moved away but I chose to double down and start a family. I wasn't always sure if it was the right decision not to move, my brother and sister have done well with their moves to larger and more exciting cities. Still, I really love Canton and stick up for it any chance I get (as if it needs me). Now I'm in my thities, I love family life and having a nice sized yard that is in a quiet neighborhood. My tastes really changed, big city life sounds frustrating at this point. It doesn't hurt that property is CHEAP!

TuckerTavern
Been here a good while

Post by TuckerTavern »

Wow, we were practically neighbors! We lived in Dalton and my husband is a U. Akron grad.

mkeller234
Been here a while

Post by mkeller234 »

Ha, small world! Yes, that is pretty close by. On bicycle forums I am so used to most members being from California or some far away place. I suppose Ohio has a whole lot of old houses though, so it shouldn't be surprising right? I'm not sure "restoration" is a very common word in Canton. Usually it's a "gut the old and buy all new" mindset.

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

Alright, I'm going to give it a go with my profile photo from another site. The hydrangeas in the background are the ones in front of the house....

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Ok, here I am with my beloved.
Diane
Attachments
DianeCharlie.jpg
DianeCharlie.jpg (103.97 KiB) Viewed 24548 times

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

This is my face. Behind my face is the icon of my hometown of Kernersville, North Carolina, Körner's Folly (built in 1880). (check it out at http://www.kornersfolly.org) My fourth-great-uncle married Mr. Körner's sister.

But most importantly, here's the lady of the house, Joy the Papillon. She loves to look at herself in the cheval dresser, the little prima donna...

Here's a better one of her since her hair has come in. She was only 10 months old in the previous picture, and almost 2 years old in this one. She's got a funny habit of getting in the center of a picture when one is being taken. I don't know what she thinks is going on, but if she sees me pointing a camera, she runs right in the middle and poses...

Last edited by SouthernLady on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don M

Post by Don M »

She's cute!

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

She either loves the spotlight or understands photo-bombing. ;-)