1916 Bungalow

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
mkiehn20
Knows the back streets

Re: 1916 Bungalow

Post by mkiehn20 »

We ended up painting it an almost identical shade of red.

B4B06440-03CF-4460-A215-5C893FC800A0.JPG
B4B06440-03CF-4460-A215-5C893FC800A0.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 368 times

I keep big glass jars of flour, sugar, etc. on it with my kitchenaid stand mixer. Looks great! Or, it did, until my husband left a wet glass on it and took off a layer of paint... :doh: Touch-ups needed!

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

You are keeping the history of the house going with the red counter. You could always get a sheet of tempered glass cut to fit on the counter area to prevent any further lift-offs ?

I really love your giant sink.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Late to the thread, as I wasn't a member of the District when it was started.

Whether it was the kids' room, or the adult tenant of the master bedroom, that was actually a pretty stand up paint job for a TMNT themed room. I can't believe they painted the radiator behind the cover though! The after, obviously, is best for you, but as a comics reader, it was neat to see the before too. I am definitely not showing the befores to spouse! (He's a much bigger TMNT fan than I, and it would give him ideas...) :D

You really did get an amazing amount of work done in that time. I hope you have been living well in your home, and enjoying the fruits of your labor.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.