Our First House!

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Our First House!

Post by Lily left the valley »

It's great you have a strong network of family and friends for support. Glad to hear you are in good spirits, and I hope the follow up goes well. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Ober51
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Ober51 »

Thank you, all! I am ready to move forward, that's for sure!

Ober51

Post by Ober51 »

Here are some of the post-floor pictures. Once we find Jess' camera, we can take better shots. The pics also include the newly refurbished radiators. Of course, when being reconnected, a union started to leak in a basement riser so the system needed to be drained and the leak must be attended to later this week. $$$, ugh.

Jess and I are ready to furnish in the coming days and weeks ahead. Finally getting to settle into the house we purchased in 11/2015!
Attachments
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG (787.95 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG (717.75 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG (716.04 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG (738.27 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG (909.71 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG (954.24 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

Wow - it looks beautiful ! No more olive green carpet anywhere, either.

I went aways back in your thread but didn't read all the way through. What finish did you use on the floors ? Is the kitchen finished ?

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

That floor is stunning! And how did you finish the radiators? Paint or powder coat?
Bonnie

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well that looks great Ober. Once you move in what are you going to do with all the spare time you'll have on your hands.

Ober51

Post by Ober51 »

Willa wrote:Wow - it looks beautiful ! No more olive green carpet anywhere, either.

I went aways back in your thread but didn't read all the way through. What finish did you use on the floors ? Is the kitchen finished ?

Yes, 90% done. Just three doors to do... The kitchen is never quite clean enough for me to snap pictures, but I will!

Ober51

Post by Ober51 »

awomanwithahammer wrote:That floor is stunning! And how did you finish the radiators? Paint or powder coat?

Thank you! There is one bad scratch, and it's driving me nuts. It was done because I didn't see the piece of white paint/shmutz on the bottom of the masonite when we pulled the radiator across the floor. I'm hopeful it can be buffed out...

Radiators were sandblasted and powder coated. $15/fin. Not terrible, but the fins sure do add up. I'm praying my brother and I never have to move them again.
Last edited by Ober51 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ober51

Post by Ober51 »

Gothichome wrote:Well that looks great Ober. Once you move in what are you going to do with all the spare time you'll have on your hands.

Thank you! Haha, a combination of relax and rehabilitate the windows. I'm trying to finish all the little things before I start the windows. I really want to work on ONE thing at a time. We will see how long that lasts :lolno:

Eperot
Stalwart

Post by Eperot »

Wow, Ober, those radiators are worth everything you paid for to have them restored. Things of beauty. Love your parquet floors...everything looks great. Hope you are doing well healthwise, and Happy Holidays!
Eric
Jacob Beaty House, 1874.