new to this site

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
sundine2
Just Arrived

new to this site

Post by sundine2 »

So I was checking out OHW and then WG when I noticed there was very little activity on OHW and all spam on WG. Then I saw the post for this site and decided to check it out.
I am an old house owner and a newer old house owner. We are presently trying to sell our 1900 home in Richmond, IN. We bought a house in Plainfield but it was built in 1951 and added on to in the 70's. Don't know if my house is to young to be on here or not but I plan on checking the site out.
Teri

heartwood

Re: new to this site

Post by heartwood »

glad you made it over sundine...I remember you from the old neighborhood......WELCOME!!

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

Welcome to the District....your love of old houses is pedigree enough, your house's age isn't the deciding factor.
Etta says "WOOF"

Kashka-Kat
Stalwart

Post by Kashka-Kat »

IMHO 1951 is plenty old - antiques are considered antique at 50 yrs so why not houses. People are into Midcentury Modern & prairie style in a big way around here, where I live - and applying same restorationist/preservationist philosophy to their houses - wanting to keep things authentic and true to period style. Even though my house is earlier 1900s I love seeing pics and reading blogs of people decorating/ restoring in midcentury style so hope you'll feel free to contribute - you AND your house are most certainly welcome here!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Sundine2, welcome to the District. Mid century home, no problem. We have a few nod century home owners here. Pics are always sought after here for us folks who are hard of hearing.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Hey Sundine2, welcome to the District... we will need pictures :D :wave:
Mick...

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

I add my welcome!

1951...the historic post war boom.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Prozart
Settling in

Post by Prozart »

Welcome to The District! I was worried my home wouldn't be old enough (1942) but everyone here is very welcoming and helpful!

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Glad you made it over to the new 'hood.
Your house is 64 years old.... why not??
They were still making them pretty solid back then and used decent construction techniques that they have abandoned in the name of cardboard and flakeboard construction.

Mid century is totally retro and pretty dang cool... my first house was a slab foundation ranch built in 1961...

I think the only way to be "put in a corner" would be if you think vinyl windows were superior to wood and would announce your intent to swap them out of your house on purpose. :doh:
My house had vinyl but the PO did it... and I have been replacing them with wood.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Don M

Post by Don M »

Yes, glad you made it over. Please do post pictures! :thumbup: