Lower Brambly in Southern Maryland

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Lower Brambly
Knows the back streets

Lower Brambly in Southern Maryland

Post by Lower Brambly »

I registered soon after the site opened and have been reading lots of posts, but posting very little due in part to health issues. I thought I made an introduction post but apparently I didn't. I have tried to attach pictures, but the files are too large. I need to learn to resize and I am not the most computer literate person.

Lower Brambly is part of a 540 acre active farm. The house was built in the 1890's. It is a farm house, although built by a gentleman farmer (I doubt he actually worked in the field). It has some more elegant features compared to other local farm houses. My father and grandfather bought the farm in 1955. A very nice oval framed picture of Truman Thomas, a bachelor and the builder of the house, as well as several pieces of furniture were left in the house. Over the years we have often had nieces, nephews, cousins of Truman visit the farm. So many, that we now refer to him as Uncle Truman. We think his ghost is here, although he is not a sinister presence.

The house is located on the Wicomico River in Southern Maryland. Archaeology students from St. Mary's College in the county are doing a relatively minor dig near the house because it is the site of an Indian village, occupied since about 1000 AD. The college professor has applied for grants to do more extensive work. She says the current student work is miniscule compared to what could be done. The preliminary surface survey, also identified the site of a house built in the mid-1700's, which burned in the 1880's. That location in is now in the middle of a corn field.

Mick_VT

Re: Lower Brambly in Southern Maryland

Post by Mick_VT »

Great to have you here LB :wave:
Mick...

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

Good to see you as well....I absolutely love your farm!
Etta says "WOOF"

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

you are going to post some pictures, right? :text-worthless:

P.S. Not really, but I have been dying to use that smiley :lol:
Mick...

Lower Brambly
Knows the back streets

Post by Lower Brambly »

Mick_VT wrote:you are going to post some pictures, right? :text-worthless:
and
P.S. Not really, but I have been dying to use that smiley :lol:

I know, and I did try last night and I did check "help" for resizing. The first step was to make a copy of the original picture and I couldn't do that. It kept asking if I wanted to replace the picture. So Ill need to find a real person to help. :oops: I have figured out things through "help" in the past, but not this time. Sigh! It will take awhile but I'll get there eventually.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

LB, I just use photo bucket. Tried using the direct method on the preview area some of my pics will post, others will not and I get the same resizing message.

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Glad you made it over here, sorry to hear you are not feeling well and if you resize the photos make sure they are under 600KB and they should post as attachments... took me a bit but I did finally get it to work for me.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Hi, hope to see those pics.

I am sure you have the "Paint" program.

Open Paint, drag the picture in.

upper left click "resize" icon

You can then enter either percent or pixel.

Click pixel, make the highest number 600, (or lower for smaller) the other number will automatically configure.

Click save or close and save.

Be well!
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Al F. Furnituremaker
Stalwart

Post by Al F. Furnituremaker »

You also have to make sure the picture's height and width are less than 1000 pixels. Fount that out the hard way. Then I saw Mick's post.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Al F. Furnituremaker wrote:You also have to make sure the picture's height and width are less than 1000 pixels. Fount that out the hard way. Then I saw Mick's post.

Maybe I should up the pixel limit while leaving the physical size restriction. Might make it easier for folks
Mick...