Hi, I'm (Banner) Dan from Wisconsin

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Gothichome

Re: Hi, I'm (Banner) Dan from Wisconsin

Post by Gothichome »

Dan, was just spending time looking at all the fine homes the folks here are putting there efforts into. Do you have any before pics to share? And how did the door sale go? Oh, and how about the ASS problem, is the new therapy getting it under control. Oh, and your home is grand at the least, and an inspiration. I noticed you have a calling card tray, with vintage pics in your receiving room. What are the pics of.

Al F. Furnituremaker
Stalwart

Post by Al F. Furnituremaker »

Great place Dan. Like going back in time. Love it.

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Corsetière »

So lovely!

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Glad you joined us Dan. Funny how loving an old house can turn us into preservationists or at least very opinionated old house lovers. I think my kids are now sick of my philosophy about old homes but I have converted one son, still working on the others.

Yes, I too loved the toilet thread!
Diane

jharkin
Stalwart

Post by jharkin »

More familiar names! Welcome back Banner...
-Jeremy

1790~1800ish Center Chimney Cape

tonyp1
Knows the area

Post by tonyp1 »

Truly a amazing house. This is one for the old adage "they don't make em like this anymore".

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Banner,
I am glad you are over here. When I think of someone who can tell a story, I think of you: house tour, toilet, door. I know you aren't trying to weave a tale, but you're a natural.

So sorry about the bad ASS. You and your place have been an inspiration to me.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

Wow. Just wow. I can't think of anything else to say about your home! It is absolutely stunning, and very obvious it is much loved. I think I drooled a bit on my work keyboard.

I am so sorry about your health issues. I am a praying person, and I prayed for you. I am so glad you have such a beautiful place to be a distraction to your issues at hand. There's something about working on my old house that seems to be a therapy to me.

Due to an unexplained partial loss of vision three months ago, I have a whole team of doctors trying to determine if I have an autoimmune disorder, also. Not fun, as you know. One neurologist is leaning to MS, but so far the bloodwork has been negative.

Hey--those autoimmune disorders might want to take control, but we just won't let them! :icon-wink: