Hi, I'm (Banner) Dan from Wisconsin

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
wletson
Been here a good while

Re: Hi, I'm (Banner) Dan from Wisconsin

Post by wletson »

Banner! Nice to see you again. Quite a few faces here you will recognize. :)

I've always been a fan of your house, though it is miles ahead of anything I could ever touch, your work is always well though out, and perfectly executed. Glad you are here
Warren

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Banner, it too recall you and your grand home. Welcome to the new home for people who have visions of home ownership out side the norm, I look forward to seeing inside your very grand an well done home.

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

Thanks for the warm welcome here at The District. I do look forward to spending some time here with you all. My summer has been a bit crazy as I am undergoing an induction drug therapy. I'm taking a form of chemotherapy and am on strong doses of prednisone and other immune suppressants. My lung condition Pulmonary Fibrosis now has been attributed to a auto immune disease. Basically my immune system is attacking my body, lungs and more. It doesn't differentiate between the good guys and the bad and it's waging a battle against me. If this drug regiment works I might see the disease go into remission. That's the hope anyway. Most of the doctors will tell me that it's allot of guess work because there are so few people with my specific condition. It's called Antisynthatase Syndrome. the acronym is ASS. Gotta love that, I have ASS! haha

I am still staying positive and I stay busy focusing on making improvements and doing projects here at the house. I was super lucky to have founf a historic Hollywood iconic peice of memorabilia recently and I'm looking forward to being a millionaire. HAHA (I can only hope)! Truthfully with the proceeds from the door sale I will be able to pay off some medical and other bills as I have not been able to work at a real job for quite some time. So keep your fingers crossed for me and wish me luck on the Psycho Door.
I have some new photos of the house that I'll share here. I hope you all enjoy. I am always making changes to the decor, upgrading furniture and art when I happen upon anything that I feel works better in the space and or is more appropriate to the period. It's a living changing project and I'm always excited when I find something new to give to the house.

The guest house is now red, this little house on the left was added to the backyard for a grandson of the original builder in 1930. We purchased it about a year and a half ago now, reuniting the properties.

I replaced a steel storm door with a more fitting wood screen door this summer. A 2 day job that turned into 2 weeks. (ever have one of those?)

Some new panoramic photos of the interior.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Freshly painted garages. Before the one on the left was white and the one on the right was gray. I'm going to add the 9 pannel sliding door to the side of the grage so I can access it without lifting the garage door.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Hi Dan,
Everything looks great on your super house. Please tell us more about your guest house project. Don

Kashka-Kat
Stalwart

Post by Kashka-Kat »

What's a "door sale" - are you selling doors? I need doors! Best wishes - may you turn a corner on the ASS and get back to better health very soon.

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

Kashka-Kat wrote:What's a "door sale" - are you selling doors? I need doors! Best wishes - may you turn a corner on the ASS and get back to better health very soon.

Kashka-Kat,

I actually am selling a door. I do think you should buy it! http://www.thehistoricdistrict.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173

Thank you for wishing my ASS well! LOL I'm working hard at it and with some luck, a few good doctors, some pretty heavy chemicals and the support of friends I believe I will get well!

Banner (Dan)

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

Don M wrote:Hi Dan,
Everything looks great on your super house. Please tell us more about your guest house project. Don

Thanks Don!

I'll write up something on the guest house and the combining of the two properties soon. Still working on a dining enclosure and a bit of landscaping there.

Banner (Dan)

CS in Low Hud
Forgotten more than most know

Post by CS in Low Hud »

Welcome Dan! Your place is a beaut! I especially love that bathroom!

How do you like those drawer-dishwasher things in your kitchen?

Chris

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

CS in Low Hud wrote:Welcome Dan! Your place is a beaut! I especially love that bathroom!

How do you like those drawer-dishwasher things in your kitchen?

Chris

Chris,

The drawers were about the only option due to the limited space. They have a smaller capacity but with two we have the ability to alternate back and forth between them. They do a great job of cleaning the dishes and are easy to load and unload. 7 years of steady use and no mechanical problems. I had considered covering the front with either aged and distressed copper or wood to make them look more like a regular drawer but the design has grown on me. The fronts are curved and the handles are curved so they match the range hood and the stainless matches the refrigerator. If I had to choose all over again I would defiantly go with the same drawers.

Thanks, Dan

Casey
Wizened and wise in the old ways

Post by Casey »

Good to see you again, and you great magnificent pile of a house!
Casey
The artist formerly known as Sombreuil