Thomas Potts House c.1863 Colonial Revival in Medford Village NJ

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
SignPainter
Just Arrived

Thomas Potts House c.1863 Colonial Revival in Medford Village NJ

Post by SignPainter »

Would like to say hello to the members and introduce our historic house in Medford, New Jersey (Burlington County).

My wife and I purchased this home on Main Street, Medford NJ in 2004 after living in another historic house also in Medford Village. This home was in need of a tremendous amount of restoration, from the main beam to completely new floor joists and flooring on the main floor. The previous owner destroyed the historical and architectural integrity of the house by ripping out most historical elements.

We set about restoring the house, added an addition in 2009, and little by little it has started to reclaim its Main Street proud glory.[img]
126smainxmas600.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
Thomas Potts House c.1863
Thomas Potts House c.1863
126smainxmas600.jpg (96.26 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Restored 1863-built historic house in Southern NJ. Signmaker of hand painted historic house circa signs at http://www.HandPaintedWoodSigns.com

Gothichome

Re: Thomas Potts House c.1863 Colonial Revival in Medford Village NJ

Post by Gothichome »

Sign painter, welcome to the District. You have a very nice home, looks very nice in it’s Christmas livery. Main beams and floor joists, those a pretty major undertakings, I know I have done some my self. Were they all just rotted out? Oh, more pics, we like those here.

SignPainter
Just Arrived

Post by SignPainter »

Thanks for the welcome. As for more pics, upon looking for interior photos, I'm surprised how few I have. Will try to post up more as I can find them. Here is one of Christmas morning, in the study which adjoins the kitchen and is part of the 2009 addition. In the background is the built-in bookcase I made. If you can believe, my wife claimed there would not be enough room for all her cookbooks.
Christmas Morning in the Study
Christmas Morning in the Study
DSCN1296.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 398 times
Restored 1863-built historic house in Southern NJ. Signmaker of hand painted historic house circa signs at http://www.HandPaintedWoodSigns.com

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Sign painter, looks like a good haul. I see a Union Jack or two, Mike will surely like that. She may be correct ,only a couple shelves left to fill.