Hello from the granite state

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
oldnhhomes
Just Arrived

Re: Hello from the granite state

Post by oldnhhomes »

Gothichome wrote:Old home, welcome to the District. Some of us have a hard time restoring one old home, with three, were do you find the time?
Post some pictures, were are pretty nosey group and like to see what other old home owners are up to. Once again welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! Without getting into too many personal details, I was a college student (late start) when I began this journey and am now able to fit everything into my schedule with my current situation. I live in a 1952 (practically new construction in my mind) reproduction cape and am excited to move to the 1850 cape and get started. I’ll see if I have any pictures of the work I’ve done that are worth posting, but I hope to have some good ones to come.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Oldhomes, all old home pictures are worth posting.

oldnhhomes
Just Arrived

Post by oldnhhomes »

Haven’t started on this house yet but I hope to remove the fiber board from the ceiling and eventually replace the radiator with cast iron. I like the old wood planks on the wall in that area and will leave them, though there are some water stains near the top.
Haven’t started on this house yet but I hope to remove the fiber board from the ceiling and eventually replace the radiator with cast iron. I like the old wood planks on the wall in that area and will leave them, though there are some water stains near the top.
687B088E-8098-45AA-BC26-D09BC6F858E6.jpeg (687.32 KiB) Viewed 359 times

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

Water stains are a gift. Sometimes. In this case, I think they are.