Introduction

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Oldhouseluvr
Just Arrived

Introduction

Post by Oldhouseluvr »

Hi, everyone! I ran into another former member of the OHW forums on Facebook and she told me about this group. I was happy to find that my former username - Oldhouseluvr - was still available. My husband I moved to our c.1890 Folk Victorian 21 years ago. Fast forward two decades and our children are adults, the major renovations have been completed, and we're in the maintenance phase of old house life. I'm happy to have found this group and I look forward to sharing the old house journey with all of you! - Cyndi
Attachments
Galbreath House 05-2018.jpg
Galbreath House 05-2018.jpg (143.72 KiB) Viewed 574 times

MJ1987
Been here a while

Re: Introduction

Post by MJ1987 »

Hi Cyndi! Welcome (back)!

Your house is absolutely stunning and inviting. I look forward, as I'm sure does everyone, to more photos and stories about your trials and tribulations. I only purchased my little colonial revival last April, so I'm at the advent of the restoration process. I can only imagine how much insight and sage advice you might be able to offer and share. Please do share your current maintenance projects--I'm sure there will be much overlap with many of the others on THD!
Matt

I built a chimney for a comrade old;
I did the service not for hope or hire:
And then I travelled on in winter’s cold,
Yet all the day I glowed before the fire.

-Edwin Markham

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

I remember you!!! glad you found us after all these years...well, won't you be a provider of encouragement having been through many projects over the decades...your house is sweet and inviting...
WELCOME!
...jade

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

The band is slowly getting back together!

I love your porch.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Cyndi, glad to see you finally found us. You will recognize many of the old posters here in the District. Many of the old OHW crew have joined us but do not post much (that’s a bit of a shame), but some of us still post often.