It's been a while!

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Superbeetle
Been here a while

It's been a while!

Post by Superbeetle »

Hello again! I'm just getting back to working on my house after an 18-month downtime due to autoimmune issues. I'm finally up and moving again, and happy to be back!

So, since it's been a bit, I've got a Victorian that was built circa 1890 and remodeled into a duplex in 1918. The style is what I like to think of as Farmhouse Victorian, a simple but handsome house (if stripped of some exterior details, sadly). The interior has had very little done to it, and when I bought it, the last major update had been a kitchen sink put in in 1936!

Currently, I'm finishing up a couple windows and painting the new balcony railing I had built for the second story balcony at the rear of the house. I'll post pics soon.

And in bittersweet news, I am no longer the owner of the 74 Superbeetle of my username. A young cousin who has pined after it since he was 12 bought it from me and now is lovingly restoring it.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: It's been a while!

Post by Lily left the valley »

Superbeetle wrote:Hello again! I'm just getting back to working on my house after an 18-month downtime due to autoimmune issues. I'm finally up and moving again, and happy to be back!

So, since it's been a bit, I've got a Victorian that was built circa 1890 and remodeled into a duplex in 1918. The style is what I like to think of as Farmhouse Victorian, a simple but handsome house (if stripped of some exterior details, sadly). The interior has had very little done to it, and when I bought it, the last major update had been a kitchen sink put in in 1936!

Currently, I'm finishing up a couple windows and painting the new balcony railing I had built for the second story balcony at the rear of the house. I'll post pics soon.

And in bittersweet news, I am no longer the owner of the 74 Superbeetle of my username. A young cousin who has pined after it since he was 12 bought it from me and now is lovingly restoring it.
Welcome Back! :wave:

I joke I was almost born in my parents' '72 Superbeetle. It later became my "starter" car in high school, but years of flooding from it being at the Jersey Shore had long done it in in the minds of my parents, and sadly, they didn't think it worth restoring while I was at college, and got rid of it with no warning to me. :-( I did have a '76 Type II for a spell, but never managed to get another beetle (time/funds issues since most I considered would all have needed restoring), though I came close a few times. I even found some info on converting them to hybrids should I ever get one in the future.

As someone else with chronic health issues, I very much understand how they can get in the way of doing what we love/want to do. So good on you for jumping back in when your health allows.

I look forward to your pics!
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Gothichome

Re: It's been a while!

Post by Gothichome »

Superbeetle, yes welcome back. Glad your health has made a change for the better.
Look forward to seeing progress pics once again.