Introduction: Howard House (c1910 Rockwood TN)

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Cajun_In_NC
Just Arrived

Re: Introduction: Howard House (c1910 Rockwood TN)

Post by Cajun_In_NC »

Dear Howard,

I am a fairly new member to this site, but not owning older homes. Having said that, you have both my condolences and congratulations. You have a freaking beautiful home with amazing wood features. I co-owned and worked on an 1800s home in Alabama around 6-9 years ago. Nothing as ornate as your place, but man it held alot of charm for me. I agree with others in saying that everyone has something to contribute here, even if it is sometimes a need for empathy and support in our pursuits. What I am seeing in your home would equal, if not surpass, many of the homes in my current neighborhood in the perspective of beauty and craftmanship. Don't get me wrong, there are very ornate, old, extravagant homes in this historic neighborhood. I feel out of place in my "little" english cottage here, but hopefully I bought "right" enough. I want to cry in (the good kind) envy over your stairs. Please feel free to share anytime :-)
The class of life never ends. Hopefully, the lessons become more fun over time

"Laissez les bon temps rouler, just don't let them roll over you!" (me, 1990s)
:lolno:

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

Are you saying this beautiful house is in Rockwood, TN? Just a hop, skip, and a jump over from me in Maryville. It looks like you have done some great work already. Keep posting, we love to hear about your work and see pictures.
Bonnie

TuckerTavern
Been here a good while

Post by TuckerTavern »

awomanwithahammer wrote:Are you saying this beautiful house is in Rockwood, TN? Just a hop, skip, and a jump over from me in Maryville. It looks like you have done some great work already. Keep posting, we love to hear about your work and see pictures.

And both of you are a hop, skip, and a jump away from me in New Market! I'm so happy to see other Tennesseans here! I'm curious if you're from here or are transplants?

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

Oh, wow, you are close to me! I am a transplant, from Texas by way of Alabama. But I've been in Tennessee for over 35 years, more than half my life, so I consider myself a Tennessean.
Bonnie

TuckerTavern
Been here a good while

Post by TuckerTavern »

awomanwithahammer wrote:Oh, wow, you are close to me! I am a transplant, from Texas by way of Alabama. But I've been in Tennessee for over 35 years, more than half my life, so I consider myself a Tennessean.

We've been here since 2012 after spending 13 years in Ohio. I grew up in western NY.

Vala

Post by Vala »

Wow this house is absolutely gorgeous. It seems this thread was posted when I was on vacation and I had missed giving a welcome to the Howard House. so welcome to the district, belated as it is. Gorgeous home!