Another Late Intro

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Mastercarpentry
Just Arrived

Another Late Intro

Post by Mastercarpentry »

I'm a small contractor who loves old houses and believes in preserving history. The care and craftsmanship which went into old homes is unseen today and more's the loss. I do my best to keep history alive though most of my work is on newer homes. Recently I've dumped my previous main customer for another one who somewhat shares my/our interest here although he does tend toward more period-appropriate renovations than pure restorations but that's better than before.

One of my new projects is an older small hotel which suffered a long lack of care and the ravages of tradesfolk who have no understanding of old houses or how to deal with them. This will not be a true restoration but will at least keep another part of history alive instead of turning into bull-dozer fodder which is at least some success, and I'm enjoying my part in this. This is something of a 'side project' which will move slowly but it eventually will become a Bed-and-Breakfast so many people will get to enjoy "The Pecan Terrace" once again.

I will do more reading here than I will posting unless I have something significant to add, and I'm enjoying following y'all as you move along with your homes.

Phil

Mick_VT

Re: Another Late Intro

Post by Mick_VT »

Hey Phil, welcome to the District, thanks for introducing yourself! :D :wave: :wave: :thumbup:
Mick...

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

good to learn more about your interests! you're in the right place...
'the pecan terrace'....has such a nice lazy 'front porch' kind of feel to it...

...jade

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Mastercarpenter, Phil, welcome to the District, we have a many tradespeople who are regular contributors to this sight, they all have one thing in common with you, an appreciation of old homes and fine carpentry and restoration. Look forward to your input.