New here :)

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Sweetpeastacy
Just Arrived

Re: New here :)

Post by Sweetpeastacy »

Lily left the valley wrote:Adding my welcome as well as saying I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. :wave:

Are you trying to upload the pics to our gallery, or can't link them in your posts from another site? If you're trying to make a gallery for yourself, go to your control panel (upper right corner on any page, it's a drop down from your name). Once on your control panel page, you'll see your "gallery" tab all the way on the right. From there you can create albums and sub-albums and upload your pictures.

Tried creating an album and it still does not work :think:

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Sweetpeastacy wrote:
Lily left the valley wrote:Adding my welcome as well as saying I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. :wave:

Are you trying to upload the pics to our gallery, or can't link them in your posts from another site? If you're trying to make a gallery for yourself, go to your control panel (upper right corner on any page, it's a drop down from your name). Once on your control panel page, you'll see your "gallery" tab all the way on the right. From there you can create albums and sub-albums and upload your pictures.

Tried creating an album and it still does not work :think:

I can see your named album in the main Gallery list now, as well as one sub album. So the album exists...now it's just figuring out what's holding up the uploads.

When you go into an album you've made via Gallery, do you see "Upload Image" and "Subscribe to Album" in the upper left above the default picture under the album's name? If you are trying to upload via the User Control Panel, when you click on the Gallery tab again, do you see Personal Album>>Sweetpeastacy [Edit] [Delete] [Go To] [Upload Image]? Your one subalbum should be listed below that menu of links under the header "Attached Subalbums".
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Sweetpeastacy wrote:Oh, I was just trying to attach images from my phone, which is what I usually browse the internet on. It was telling me they were the wrong size?

There are some upper limits to the size of pictures that can be uploaded, but it rarely kicks in...perhaps resize them down a bit first?
Mick...

Sweetpeastacy
Just Arrived

Post by Sweetpeastacy »

I will try from my computer later. Thank you!

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

Texas_Ranger wrote:
mjt wrote:Welcome!

"Old" is relative. In North America, 100 years is "old". In Europe, 100 kilometers is a long way...

Honestly, even though we've got some medieval buildings left, 100 years still easily qualifies a house as "old" in Europe.

The first time I was in Germany I stayed at an inn along the Rhine, not far from Frankfurt. The inn had been run on that spot by the same family for more years than the US has been a country. The building wasn't that old, but it was still a mind bender to think of the family history.

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

mjt wrote:
Texas_Ranger wrote:
mjt wrote:Welcome!

"Old" is relative. In North America, 100 years is "old". In Europe, 100 kilometers is a long way...

Honestly, even though we've got some medieval buildings left, 100 years still easily qualifies a house as "old" in Europe.

The first time I was in Germany I stayed at an inn along the Rhine, not far from Frankfurt. The inn had been run on that spot by the same family for more years than the US has been a country. The building wasn't that old, but it was still a mind bender to think of the family history.

That's a rare exception rather than the rule though. Some people consider 1970s houses old these days and some businesses proudly advertise "Est. 1995".