1937 Colonial Revival

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
ColonialRevivalPete
Settling in

Re: 1937 Colonial Revival

Post by ColonialRevivalPete »

The porch is original to the house. According to the blueprints the porch was originally open to the elements. I believe it was enclosed at a later date. There is some electrical run in channels with surface mount boxes. The original electrical boxes throughout the rest of the home are embedded in the brick work. The windows that you see there are louvered type. Most work, 3 are broken due to the operating arm being snapped. They are a pain to clean the individual panes fall out so easily. Not a problem with the pictures I have plenty more where those came from that will eventually be uploaded.

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Welcome!

Your house is a very well executed example of a later interpretation of the Colonial Revival style. Looks like it has a lot of original features intact.

My personal favorite feature? The original tiled shower complete with its original door!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well Pete, it seems I missed welcoming you into the District. Sorry about that, I realy am a good neighbour. Your home looks great looking at the pics and your description you would never realize it was built with structural concrete. Look forward to seeing more. I also noticed you have a martini bar, only appropriate for the age and glamour of your home.

ColonialRevivalPete
Settling in

Thanks All for the kind words. The home is a work in progress. Old cracked and faded wallpaper is in the process of coming down getting replaced with a fresh coat of paint. The shed has been fixed, back wall was basically rotted out. A new veg garden has been put in. The kitchen has been updated and expanded, currently in the process of finalizing the finishing touches. Landscaping has been a work in progress as well. I will post some pictures of past projects at a later date. I also have two more projects planned for this year. More on all that later as well.

cat2014
Knows the area

Post by cat2014 »

Absolutely love your home. Colonials are my favorite style. Look forward to lots and lots of updates/pictures.

Where in southern IL are you? Near Alton?
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

ColonialRevivalPete
Settling in

Where in southern IL are you? Near Alton?
Yes, cat2014 I am near Alton.

Sorry for being gone for so long its been a busy Spring and summer. I have been working on 2 massive renovations. 1 is 99%done the other well......... It's definatley taking me longer the expected. I hope to get everything done by late fall. Fingers crossed. The updated rooms I am talking about are the kitchen and the sleeping porch just for a teaser.