Keep or remove Vitrolite?

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.

Should we keep the Vitrolite in our kitchen?

Total votes: 0

phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Keep or remove Vitrolite?

Post by phil »

please forgive me my kitchen was dusty rose, and pink and green sponge painting. and salmon and they had done crackle painting techniques on the cupboards, It was horrendous and ever since I hate pink ! I haven't touched the bathroom it is a lovely pink with beige with pink flooring and I just want to go back in time and say what were you guys thinking? why did you put a dropped ceiling in the kitchen did it make you feel taller? sticking floor tile all over my brick fireplace was definitely a sin! Using cement was just dirty and couldn't you have picked a nice floor tile at least? Im lucky they weren't too ambitious and most of the house is just old and decrepit ;-) - end rant.. yea this Vitrolite kitchen has some neat history, I doubt if those photos do a lot of justice. Hold that wrecking ball just for a moment and see if you can find ways to make the color scheme work for you ;-) I think some people have common sense when it comes to color, and I don't think it was ever my forte

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

The ceiling is awesome! I don't know anything about Vitrolite, but it sounds like it may be tough to take it off and then reuse it, especially if you are taking the ceiling back to it original height. If the walls look good and you can repair/replace the broken tiles, then I would keep that area too. I voted to keep the ceiling because it is just amazing. Reworking the kitchen itself may preclude you from keeping all the walls intact. I think you will just have to see how the renovation goes and save what you can.
Diane

jenm (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Post by jenm (WavyGlass) »

Thanks for your input, everyone. I'm going to consult with the Vitrolite expert in St. Louis, and see what I can keep, but try to remain flexible about the outcome.