Window Trim - Drip Cap/Crown with fascia?

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.

Should it stay or go?

Total votes: 0

Vala

Re: Window Trim - Drip Cap/Crown with fascia?

Post by Vala »

Yea I've already been on there. Those aren't correct. The closest I've seen to mine are what Mike has on his house.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

I seriously doubt the difference would be noticeable Vala, but you always have the option of taking a sample or a profile to a custom mill and having some made. They may even have some knives in the profile already just like those Mike's contractor has. This si a job for a larger machine than a router.
Mick...

Vala

Post by Vala »

Perhaps, however I am a perfectionist and I already have crown moulding over the windows and doors under the porch that was never hacked off or sided (thus how I know what it looks like) so then it would be mismatched and to my eye, those patterns look very different ogee is not bead and cove and vice versa.

The closest match is this one
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Woodgrain-Di ... /206178829

however on my moulding the bead is substantially larger than the cove
Attachments
moulding.jpg
moulding.jpg (80.01 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

yes if you went for the concave ogee and bead you would get the size, but the profile would be different. Like I said though I doubt yu woudl notice that they were different unless you had two windows next to each other, old and new.

Another thought is you could stack quarter round and cove onto a square section backer (i.e make each section of the profile from seperate millwork that is available). its a bit of work but would be cheaper than custom milling for the same result.
Mick...