Help identifying correct style of my house

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
scottallen88
Just Arrived

Re: Help identifying correct style of my house

Post by scottallen88 »

phil wrote:have the front windows been enlarged?

The opening size is original, however the front two windows are the only glass in the entire house not original. If i had to guess, the original glass probably would have had muntin bar dividers of some sort.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I love the style, the curved archways , the cute roof. Hard to pinpoint he build date, my take is something like 1927 give or take a few. The bathroom reno looks great. You are doing nice work.

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Ok, so I did searches based on eyebrow roof/windows/dormers etc, and there are lot of old and new construction images, some have the hipped roof gable ends like yours. The interior arch in yours would be a touch of Hollywood Regency, but the Hollywood Regency design as an American architectural design is rare, because those homes were custom mansions for Hollywood types.

The picture I posted has the look because of that weird arched entranceway, and the somewhat modern design for 1926. The large windows on that one I believe to have once been an open porch, so that leaves out the question of originality about yours. I was in that house, one bedroom had an entire wall of built in dressers and closets. But no interior arches. There is no other home in this area of old homes like it.

......Like yours, unique. Enjoy!
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

We had a fellow stop by a while back asking the same question, I thought Art Deco but the smart folks called it Hollywood regency. Would be interesting to compaier interiors. Wonder what happened to the fellow?