Could someone tell me what style of house this is?

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
ocheltree812
Just Arrived

Could someone tell me what style of house this is?

Post by ocheltree812 »

Hi. I purchased this house roughly a couple years ago. The paperwork on my house states that it was built in 1936. I am in the process of restoring it. However, I can't figure out the style of house it is.

These pictures are of the house when I bought it, it no longer looks like this.

Also would you take the awnings off the house? They were originally all around house, however, the only ones that remain are on the front and one on the side.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read or answer.

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Could someone tell me what style of house this is?

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

This one is a bit of a hodgepodge. It looks like it wants to be a bungalow, but the roof isn't quite steep enough. :-) Houses like this were basically the replacement for the bungalow, which was the workingman's house of the 1900s through the 1920s, at least in this area. I'd date this one to the early to mid 1930s. The 1936 date may be accurate, but if you want to be exact, do some research.

Also, I'd keep the awnings. They look like they are good quality and they are there for a reason.

ocheltree812
Just Arrived

Re: Could someone tell me what style of house this is?

Post by ocheltree812 »

Thanks so much. I wasn't sure what type of house and when I went down to the court house they couldn't pull up any history that I did not already know.