Another Ontario Home For Sale

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
lovesickest
Forgotten more than most know

Another Ontario Home For Sale

Post by lovesickest »

Does anyone want to start an Old House Commune with me ? Because this place has 11 bedrooms worth of space:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... rio-K6V1S3

It perhaps needs some un-decorating but the purple velvet sofa stays !

Bville.jpg
Bville.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 655 times

bville2.jpg
bville2.jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 655 times

bville3.jpg
bville3.jpg (60.38 KiB) Viewed 655 times

bvill4.jpg
bvill4.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Duffy666
Knows the area

Re: Another Ontario Home For Sale

Post by Duffy666 »

OMG....I hope my wife doesn't see this ...I'm not ready to move further north!
Another day on the correct side of the dirt.

lovesickest

Post by lovesickest »

The size of the rooms seem gigantic. Realtors have some photography tricks but some of these rooms look like they are the size of roller rinks !

In Toronto, where the real estate market is insane, the listing price of this FORMER SCHOOL would not buy the tiniest fixer upper in the worst part of town or even the land only.

Brockville is an older community, close to Kingston, which is about three hours from Toronto.

lovesickest

Post by lovesickest »

Duffy666 - do the currency conversion from CAN currency to USD. It's a bargain for this place.

We'll see you soon !

Sinoed
Knows the area

Post by Sinoed »

What a diamond in the rough! Looking at the photos there is a ton of work to do there but it could be absolutely stunning. Seems like a steal at $360k..

lovesickest

Post by lovesickest »

I know, I know, I know !

The scale is just so giant. That foyer hall with the stairs looks like the width of an average lot in the older parts of Toronto - approximately 17 feet wide (for attached rowhouses).

There was someone on the Old House Web about 10 years ago who owned a very incredible house in Brockville, near the water. It had very fancy stained glass doors and a glassed in widows walk and all kinds of greatness going on. Perhaps Brockville was where all the new rich moved and tried to outdo each other c. 1870 with their XL house splendor. There are lots of modest older homes there, too but some real big 'uns too.

Old house lady
Knows the back streets

Post by Old house lady »

Gorgeous! The purple velvet sofa is perfect - I may will have to find make time to do one...

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Brockville was once the summer playground of rich industrialists. The house that is for sale was recently de-listed as heritage. The family was trying to sell it but all buyers were shying away from a designated property. They were stuck with a deteriorating albeit lovely white elephant. It is not in danger of development or anything, hopefully the designation removal helps them pass it on to new people with the deep pockets needed for restoration.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

it';s a really weird lot size. 18 feet x 519 ft.

this means the house is sitting on someone else s property and there isn't enough room for the house on it's own lot.
I'd love to see how they worked the 14 foot baseboards into rooms that are only 12 feet high ;-)

something fishy here..

I looked on Google earth for the adress and "drove" up and down crawford street. I see no such house on crawford not only that, but where the address is is only half a block from a big mental institute.. That might be handy for some of us here, at least it's not too far to move when the time comes ;-) ok I'm in ;-)

Phil

JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by JacquieJet »

Whoa! What a place! Lots to do, but very cool to see. Thanks for sharing!!
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!