Hallowe'en, and what you do at your old house...

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Re: Hallowe'en, and what you do at your old house...

Post by Daniel Meyer »

JRC
Forgotten more than most know

Post by JRC »

At my house, I turned out the porch light for Halloween. Bah, Humbug!

(actually, I don't have a problem with the holiday. But last year, I only had 2 groups of kids, and this year, the city was holding a party at the pavilion in the park, across the street. So, I didn't see the point of passing out candy.)

Ober51
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Ober51 »

I cannot wait to get into the house we are buying. Its neighborhood is known for some of the best costumes, trick or treating, and volume of kids in the area.

Our current home got only one fewer visitor than last year. Sadly, that means we went from 1 to 0! If even one kid showed up, we were dumping the contents into their pillowcase.

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

Sorry, been away super busy since I got this conversation going, now I don't seem to be able to post pictures from photobucket. Not sure what happened. I don't usually like to post links. I think it looks nicer to have pictures in the post, but...
http://s722.photobucket.com/user/warrenletson/library/capron/halloween%202015?sort=3&page=1

if this link doesn't work, let me know. I'm sorta wiped right now, so my brain may not be firing on all cylinders.

Oh, ask me about my pumpkins!
Warren

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

wletson wrote:Sorry, been away super busy since I got this conversation going, now I don't seem to be able to post pictures from photobucket. Not sure what happened. I don't usually like to post links. I think it looks nicer to have pictures in the post, but...
http://s722.photobucket.com/user/warrenletson/library/capron/halloween%202015?sort=3&page=1

if this link doesn't work, let me know. I'm sorta wiped right now, so my brain may not be firing on all cylinders.

Oh, ask me about my pumpkins!

Hey wletson, the climbing skeletons look really cool, and ok, something about those pumpkins does look different.

I hate photobucket with those popups telling me my computer is toast. But if you open the image, right click and view image, copy that link and use the insert image icon here.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Don M

Post by Don M »

Those climbing skeletons & heads are amazing; where did you find them? BTW the metal porch supports are identical to the ones on my parent's KY house.

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

The skull spiders, I made myself. I bought $2 "garland" from Dollarama that had these gross grey skulls on something that was supposed to look like rope or something. I cut the Styrofoam heads off the garlands (4 skulls per garland), painted them white and used the pipe cleaners (also from Dollarama) for the legs. total cost for 8 skull spiders $7.35.

by the way, hot glue will hold mechanics wire to grout lines between bricks to hold up spiders. peels off super easy afterwards. Found that out on Pinterest. If you are not on Pinterest... join now! Thanks for the compliments, will show you what I did with pumpkins later this week
Warren

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

I painted this hellmouth a few years back.

This year, I made a translucent monarch butterfly door topper but I didn't get great photos.

Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Post by Daniel Meyer »

Love the lights in the yard too!

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Time to resurrect this Zombie thread (pun intended)... what are you all doing for Halloween this year?

Mick...