Brimfield Antiques show

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Sinoed
Knows the area

Brimfield Antiques show

Post by Sinoed »

I'm going back to Ontario for a few weeks and have decided to make the trip down to Brimfield, Ma for the antiques show in a couple weeks. Has anyone here been before? Any tips to share?

Gothichome

Re: Brimfield Antiques show

Post by Gothichome »

Nope, but hope to go to many state side antique fairs at some point. Have fun.

Sinoed
Knows the area

Post by Sinoed »

Well if anyone comes down here for this be warned its mostly a giant flea market. I thought I'd be able to find house pieces or furniture but there isn't much of that. A few furniture places but really not a lot of "good" pieces. Lots of glassware and estate sale type stuff and mostly overpriced. Oh well.. We'll figure out something else to do down here.

lovesickest
Forgotten more than most know

Post by lovesickest »

Be sure to check the local Craigslists . The antiques show might be not so good but there might be some finds awaiting you elsewhere close by ?

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Sinoed, found that to be the case at the Adderfoil antique market just outside Toronto as well. Most of the good stuff was at the weekend venders who set up a table or two. The full time shed renters had very little to offer. Although there was one husband and wife renter who had some realy serious antiquarian glass and Chinese export. Top end of market price though. We find a lot of stuff on Kijiji, or at the smaller antique auction houses. Also, got some great stuff realy cheap garage saling. Got to get up realy early for that though.